One of the more difficult challenges when trying to get into shape is losing belly fat. It’s almost as if all the unhealthy food we eat goes straight to the stomach. We’re sure you will all agree that it can be highly frustrating – it isn’t known as “stubborn fat” without good reason. Some may say that it’s solely down to diet and exercise, others believe that genetics and hormones play a crucial role too.
According to an article in the Huffington Post, weight loss is generally 75% diet, 25% exercise, and this comes by way of an analysis of more than 700 weight loss studies. Many believe that if you eat smart, you lose weight fast. This may be true, but how do we maintain a healthy diet in the long-term? Never eat chocolate again? No more pizza for the rest of time? Highly unlikely.
For many people, eating is more than just a means of survival and growth. Elsa Schiaparelli puts it brilliantly:
“Eating is not merely a material pleasure. Eating well gives a spectacular joy to life and contributes immensely to goodwill and happy companionship. It is of great importance to the morale.”
Quite simply, food makes people happy but so does looking good. So, let’s look at how you can beat the bulge and say goodbye to belly fat:
Arguably the most testing method of combating belly fat. The consumption of refined sugar not only contributes to elevated insulin levels but to an increased accumulation of fat in the abdomen. Think soft drinks, fast food, cakes etc. When you consume added sugar, the liver gets overburdened with fructose which is then turned into fat. Our suggestion is to read the labels on the back of any packaged product you buy and try to cut out fast foods and soft drinks as much as possible.
Have you ever heard of the 80/20 rule? Put simply, it is a theory that if you eat healthy 80% of the time, you are then “allowed” to eat whatever you want the remaining 20% of the time. This means you can still eat your favourite things, but rather in moderation as opposed to whenever you feel like it.
Regularly eating more calories daily from sizable portions may result in weight gain. Many experts say that we should try to keep our portions of food to about two fist sizes and that if you’re still hungry, eat healthy snacks in between your “main” meals. Try to break up your food consumption into five parts (the three main meals and a snack in between (morning and afternoon). Eating slower may also result in weight loss. According to a study by Carolyn Dunn, individuals who savour their food eat less and feel satisfied more quickly.
Advanced enzyme supplements are an incredible dietary supplement to assist your body in achieving a healthy digestive system. Refined sugar is not only a fattener but a harmful element to your metabolic health. Unfortunately, a lot of food in the modern-day contains added sugar and that is why we recommend dietary supplements. Belly fat and liver fat are known to lead to insulin resistance and a product such as Inofem may reduce insulin resistance due to its insulin-sensitizing properties.
Another fantastic product is Floraphage. A lot of people worry about what they consume because of their physical appearance but what you eat can have severe long-term effects on your internal health. The human digestive tract contains masses of microorganisms that compete for space and nutrients. This system can be highly susceptible to attacks from harmful bacteria, which can result in digestive discomfort and a weakened immune system. This product has been developed to support the restoration and maintenance of the highly sensitive digestive ecosystem.
Manage your stress
Stress eating is a familiar term and according to studies carried out by Harvard Medical School, the hormones that stress unleashes coupled with the effects of high-fat in comfort foods is what pushes people to overeat. Stress causes the adrenal glands to release a hormone known as cortisol which increases appetite. Our recommendation for combating stress is of course exercise. Low-intensity exercise may reduce cortisol levels and can’t harm your desire to trim unwanted belly fat either.
If any of the above-mentioned Enzyme supplements interest you, they can be purchased through our online shop here.